Wednesday, June 17, 2009

PE Activities

Another good one from TheHomeSchoolMom - I received the newsletter today and promptly checked it out since I am always "at a loss" when Ryan and I go outside without anything specific planned. He usually figures it out, but I like having ideas to fall back on also. This was a really cool one - especially for the days he doesn't seem to be that motivated about doing anything other than playing with cars/trucks/anything with wheels. Plus, this helps me "introduce" him to new ways to move. Like you need to do that with a toddler/preschooler, haha.

PE Teacher Toolbox

Do you ever allow PE to get the short end of the stick in your homeschool? I found that it is very easy to ignore this important topic but I definitely want to be sure that my children get enough activity in their day. The National Association for Sport and Physical Education publishes monthly activity calendars that list some great ideas for keeping kids active. Each month also offers a parent's letter with activity and resource suggestions. June is National Great Outdoors Month, so log on and find some fun ways to celebrate the outdoors in your region!

aahperd.org



Sign up for TheHomeSchoolMom's emails HERE - I've been LOVING her information!

No comments:

Post a Comment