Tuesday, March 17, 2009

03-17-09 St Patrick's Day

Green breakfast with green OJ, green pancakes, grapes
We talked about St Patrick's Day a little and leprechauns, rainbows, pots of gold, green and shamrocks. After breakfast, we discussed a few more along that line and all of a sudden, my dear sweet, empathetic little boy turned with his sad, brown eyes and softly said (background - we have some married friends named Patrick and Kristy) "Mommy? It's Ms. Kristy's day too?". Awww, honey...it's THAT I want to bottle and keep forever. Yet, another reason I want to homeschool - I don't want him losing that sense of others.

We changed the playroom around a little Monday night and I made a little reading 'area' for him with all the books and a bean bag chair. He headed STRAIGHT for that this morning and spent a good hour looking at his books and coloring books. Cool!

We worked on the cars lapbook a bit with stickers, more counting card fun and new name cards added. He also colored with his water marker on the 'special' water marker book - just add water and he colors and the pictures magically appear. I admit, I have a good time coloring in that one too!

He also wanted his circles to put the small stones in them, again.


We had a lunch picnic at the park with some friends of ours down the street. There were some Canadian Geese there and they were making a bit of noise. I said "Look, honey! Hear them all honking?". A few seconds later, those twinkling brown eyes look at me and say "Mommy? Do gooses have horns?" I laughed loudly at that one :)

We also made a trip to the library after his nap - he LOVES going to the library! After the library, we went to Lowes hardware for a kitchen designer consultation. I got the idea of doing some tray time at Lowes and it worked out great! I didn't get any pictures, this time - but we took a flat bed cart, put Ryan, Cassada (in the carseat) and a bag of toys/trays for Ryan (and his dinner). We were there for 2.5 - 3 hours and he was GREAT the whole time! He sat on the flat bed (almost the whole time) and played with his construction vehicles and the popsicle sticks/tooth picks/straws/water bottle tray for over an hour. He did other things in "mommy's bag of tricks", but that was the one he played with the longest. Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment