Friday, March 13, 2009

3-13-09 Gluing shapes to make a picture

He really liked doing this one. We used squares and rectangles to make an animal - a Dalmation!

It also gave us a good opportunity to have a conversation about Cinders and Dakota again (our dogs that are no longer with us, for a few months now - Cinders was a dalmation, Dakota a husky. We had to have them both put down due to complications of getting old - both were in pain and not having a good life in general). It was nice to be able to talk about it on 'my' terms and explain to him a few things that I was prepared to explain ("Who is God?", "Where is Heaven?", "Do they still have boo-boos?", etc.) - these questions have been raised now and then when he asks where the dogs are.

A couple of other things that came up with this moment: glue does not go in his hair...and a lesson for me - a little bit of glue goes A LONG WAY.






Singing songs from our 'song notebook' currently in process. Favorites right now include The Farmer in the Dell and the SNAP Crocodile song.

Quite a few books we don't read very often

Drawing letters, shapes, snowman on mini-white board

We have "discovered" a great website Ryan really enjoys. starfall.com - He loves it! He has been playing every day for 10-15 minutes for the last few days. He would play all day if I let him. Amazingly, he is a whiz with the mouse. We started out with him sitting on my lap and me showing him how. A single day later, he is shooing me away and doing it all himself. Kids are amazing. He is always saying "I want to play star dah com mommy!" and wanting to "make a now-man" or "pumpkin" or "ginger-man". He likes the letters too - but likes making the characters a touch better. I enjoy them too, believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment