Friday, March 20, 2009

03-20-09 Chores made Fun!

Ryan has a few chores he has to do on a regular basis. I started 'chores' with him from the point he could walk. It started with him pushing his high chair back to it's 'resting' spot and putting the dog food bowl back in the laundry room when the dogs were finished eating. This has evolved to him helping with laundry, the dishwasher and cleaning his playroom and room. He has to put his comforter on his bed every morning (he does better at this than I do in my own room!), feed the dog, put his shoes away and put the silverware away when the dishwasher has been run. He does help me with things throughout the day that aren't regular chores, but those are his regulars. He does like to help - always runs in the room saying "I want to help you mommy!".


So, today's dishwasher sorting turned fun when he found my two tea infusers. He decided they were going to CHOMP things!



The chomping led me to pull out the trusty tongs, some pom-poms and a paint tray I had for just this occasion! Thanks again to Tot School!



He has enjoyed coloring so much these past couple of weeks that I have moved his writing table to my room and he colors the entire time I shower, do make up and blow dry my hair. This is our "station" now, with Cassada's toys also.

No comments:

Post a Comment