Wednesday, March 18, 2009

03-18-09 WOW and the park

We had WOW this morning (I subbed in a church day care for a women's bible study for the morning) - Ryan gets interaction with other kids, as well as, other adults. He def does not like being away from mommy b/c I'm usually in his class for MOPs - which is at the same church. Today, I was in the infant room, so I was not in his class. He did fine for a few minutes and then he decided he needed mommy-time. I told his "teachers" that I was ok with him coming back to my 'class' if he wanted to. I've decided I'm not going to push this issue - I tried for so long to fight him on the separation anxiety and it's just not working for him (or me). He's been like this from the moment he entered this world, I think it's just his personality. He isn't going to need me forever, so why push him away now? So, anyway, one of the workers brought him to my classroom, I soothed him and told him he could play in my classroom for awhile, but to let me know if he wanted to go back to his class. After about 20 minutes, he came to me and said he was ready to go back to his class now. A SMALL SUCCESS FOR US! So, I took him back and he stayed there the rest of the session and was happy playing the whole time. At that point, I realized my mommy-instinct (that I've been trying to fight) was right. All in his own time. He'll get there. That's what this homeschooling thing is all about, right? Teaching at their pace. Well, this is another lesson for me to remember.

After his nap, we went to the park to take advantage of some of this AWESOME weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment