Monday, March 16, 2009

3-16-09 Number Circles, Fine Motor Skills, Painting

Today was a day taken from Tot School - I even used the same sugar shaker from IKEA (which was a great place, btw - wish we had one closer than Charlotte). Anyway, he had so much fun with "Learning School" today (that's what he continues to call it). He also continues to ask to do "tray time" multiple times a day. I don't always get to pull one out and play every time he asks - nursing, showering, making food - but try to comply as much as I can. He is having so much fun with it all.

We stayed in this morning and he had a blast doing 'extra' tray times.

This one was a hit. We played with this for quite awhile - we are in Cassada's room so I could play with her and some of her 'other' toys while we played with the rocks and circle numbers. He put the numbers on the dots, counted them, told me what the numbers were (without counting the dots), dumped in the tray, dumped on the floor, gathered them all together, put them back on the paper, played a game of "turns" with me (my turn, now your turn, now my turn, now your turn), etc. etc. etc. This was a great one.







Another one he really enjoyed today - putting pasta in the sugar shaker. He did all the longs ones - he was very diligent about wanting to fill every single hole, then we took them all out. He wanted to put some medium ones in there, so we did a few of those. Then he wanted to put small ones in there - so we did a few of those. He wanted to break the pasta (which I let him do some), but every time he did, it would go FLYING across the room and send us into a load of giggles - even more giggles as mommy tried to find the pasta. Lindy (our "lonely" dog) found some of it for me. So after breaking it some more, we did small ones and shook the shaker for awhile.







Painting was a big hit today as well. He doesn't seem to be too keen on fingerpainting, but loves to paint with the brush. We'll do more painting tomorrow - time was limited today with it. I cut these out earlier this evening after they dried and maybe tomorrow we'll add glue and other things. We'll see!



No comments:

Post a Comment